FEA is a project of the Real Farming Trust (RFT) a charity concerned with food sovereignty and sustainable farming (in particular, the practice of agroecology). The mission of RFT is to enable the growth of farming and food production practices that are economically sound and democratic, socially just, humane to animals, and promote the long-term protection of natural resources.
The Real Farming Trust runs a number of different projects and activities including:
- Funding Enlightened Agriculture (FEA); a network of organisations working to promote and stimulate the growth of enlightened agriculture
- The Oxford Real Farming Conference (ORFC); 2019 will be the tenth year of the conference. It has grown from strength to strength and now regularly attracts around 1000 delegates.
- The Campaign for Real Farming (CRF), acts as a mouthpiece for the agroecology movement. It is currently hosting The Agroecology (Food Security) Bill, which it is hoped will be taken up in Westminster as a Private Member’s Bill.
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Agroecology (APPGA); The Trust helped to found the group and acts as its Secretariat.
- The College for Real Farming and Food Culture: The College will run courses and seminars promoting the ideas of Enlightened Agriculture and tackling the big issues that need to be addressed. From economics to morals and spirituality, from the importance of being radical to the role of science and the arts; food and farming cannot be considered in isolation.
The Real Farming Trust is a company limited by guarantee (no. 3336839), registered as a charity (no. 1061607).