FEA is a project of the Real Farming Trust (RFT) a charity concerned with food sovereignty and sustainable farming (in particular, the practice of agroecology). The mission of RFT is to enable the growth of farming and food production practices that are economically sound and democratic, socially just, humane to animals, and promote the long-term protection of natural resources.
The Real Farming Trust runs a number of different projects and activities including:
- FEA – a network of organisations working to promote and stimulate the growth of enlightened agriculture
- The Oxford Real Farming Conference (ORFC); 2016 will be the seventh year of the conference. It has grown from strength to strength and last year attracted 650 delegates.
- The Campaign for Real Farming (CRF), acts as a mouthpiece for the agroecology movement. It is currently hosting The Agroecology (Food Security) Bill, which it is hoped will be taken up in Westminster as a Private Member’s Bill.
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Agroecology – The Trust helped to found the group and continues to act as an advisor.
The Real Farming Trust works with other partners to create programmes to deliver business support and finance and enlarge its research and knowledge dissemination base. Current projects of the Trust include:
- Fostering Access to Land – EU Erasmus+ research & dissemination programme, with Soil Association and seven European partners
- Growing Together – a BIG Lottery Big Ideas programme led by the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens
The Real Farming Trust is a company limited by guarantee (no. 3336839), registered as a charity (no. 1061607). Its offices are at 23 Park End Street, Oxford, OX1 1HU, tel. no. 0330 3551458.