FEA is a collaboration of funders, social entrepreneurs, social investors, investment and business development advisers, and food and farming experts. Click here for a list of our network members.
FEA is a project of the Real Farming Trust (RFT) a charity concerned with food sovereignty and sustainable farming (in particular, the practice of agroecology). The mission of RFT is to enable the growth of farming and food production practices that are economically sound and democratic, socially just, humane to animals, and promote the long-term protection of natural resources.
The Real Farming Trust runs a number of different projects and activities including:
- FEA – a network of organisations working to promote and stimulate the growth of enlightened agriculture
- The Oxford Real Farming Conference (ORFC); 2016 will be the seventh year of the conference. It has grown from strength to strength and last year attracted over 650 delegates.
- The Campaign for Real Farming (CRF), acts as a mouthpiece for the concept of enlightened agriculture
- The College for Enlightened Agriculture and Food Culture: this will explore and promulgate all the ideas needed to create the Agrarian Renaissance that is needed to establish enlightened agriculture as the global norm.
The Real Farming Trust works with other partners to create programmes to deliver business support and finance and enlarge its research and knowledge dissemination base. Current projects of the Trust include:
- The A Team Challenge – now in its second year, the Challenge has to date supported 10 projects with a grant or a loan, match-funded on Buzzbnk (a crowd-funding platform supporting social enterprises). The third Challenge will be launched in April 2016
- Fostering Access to Land – EU Erasmus+ a three year research & dissemination programme with the Soil Association and seven European partners (2014-2017)
- Just Growth – a funding programme run in partnership with CCF and Esmee Fairbairn providing a blended mix of grant, loan and community finance.
The Real Farming Trust is a company limited by guarantee (no. 3336839), registered as a charity (no. 1061607).